The Trial Of The Century [First Story Event]

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

The Trial Of The Century [First Story Event] - Page 3 Empty Re: The Trial Of The Century [First Story Event]

Post by Lily on Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:31 am

The slimy Stand had not been expecting Viola to not only avoid, but return his attack so easily. Seemingly without effort, Avantasia pulled his slimy artillery into orbit and fling them back just as hard, utilizing some sort of telekinetic power. The Stand stretched its arms out as its attack returned to it. Upon impact, the slime seamlessly merged back into the Stand, seeming to lose all kinetic energy as it flowed back into its origin. Meanwhile, the clones that had appeared were being eliminated easily, eliminated each by a single bullet from Spectres, or a swipe of Knight's blade. 'Shit!' thought the remote user, 'Bad matchup is right! There's no way I can handle this chick, especially not with that other guy around.' His train of thought was cut off as Muse blinked into existence before him, only to be accompanied shortly by Viola and Avantasia. He tried to strike Muse with a swing of his arm, but the attacks of Avantasia caught distracted him, allowing an opening for Muse to strike through his arm and snatch the arrow from within, while also eliciting a cry of pain from the user.

Having lost the arrow, and in no situation to recover it, he was about ready to make a tactical retreat, but Viola's assault wouldn't let up. It was too fast for him to process, and even though the punches lacked significant power, his gooey form was not especially durable. 'There's only one option, then, he decided, 'I'll keep you so busy fighting me, that you can't use your stand's telekinesis!'. The stand's disjointed body morphed and contorted, moving even closer to Avantasia and Viola, embracing the assault head on. The pain was nearly unbearable, but he had a plan. With each strike, bits of goo flew from his body, splattering the ground, but also flying towards Avantasia and Viola. As he weathered the flurry of punches, the stand finally reached out and seized the shoulder of Avantasia with its left arm, then reached over its other shoulder with its right, and launched a spray of goop that reduced its entire arm to a mere stub. Then, it let go, taking on the full force of Avantasia's assault without any grip, and flew backwards. As it slammed onto the roof of the courthouse, the Stand melted into a large puddle of slime. A moment later, the puddle faded from existence.

------------------------------------------------------------

A gust of wind blew through yard of the courthouse, and the soporific pink smoke with it. The sudden burst of wind created a clearing around Josette and co, as well as blowing away a number of the clones surrounding them. Combined with the minor assistance of Ténèbres, this allowed Josette to throw the clone throttling her off. She then rolled on top of him, and slammed her knee into its face, crushing it, before standing up. She looked around trying to get her bearings. Now that some of the smoke had cleared, it was easier for her to see. The pressure had been taken off of them somewhat for the time being, and many of the clones assaulting Avery seemed to have been more or less dealt with. Ténèbres was in bad condition, and the unconscious boy was still, of course, unconscious. The most notable addition, however, was the figure sitting on the ground before Avery. 'Another one...?' Josette thought. At this point, it made sense. If Ténèbres had a guardian angel, or a Stand, as it had been called, just like her, why wouldn't this guy? The odds seemed low that she'd meet two people like her in one day, but this entire day was bizarre, so it somehow made more sense that it was the way it was.

Regardless, Josette quickly attributed the sudden wind to this new figure, and she was happy to have another ally on her side. While the wind had knocked away many of the enemies in front of them, enemies were still closing in from behind quickly. At this rate, escape seemed like the best option. Josette peered through the opening created by the new Stand's gale, but it didn't completely penetrate the smoke. Still, she knew it couldn't go much further, and as long as they kept ahead of their enemies, they should be able to escape. "Hey, new guy," Josette said to the man, "Think you can do that again? We need you to clear a path for us," Josette knelt down and lifted the young boy in her arms, while also allowing Ténèbres' a way back onto her shoulders, "We have to get out of here, ASAP." As she picked up her charges, Back In Black continued to fight, delivering swift strikes to the clones weakened by Avery's attack, eliminating the obstacles in their way. Then, without waiting for confirmation, Josette began sprinting forward to take Ténèbres and the boys somewhere safer.

------------------------------------------------------------

"Blauerch!"

Bloody. Broken.

"Fuck, what happened!?"

Mist. The smell of herbs.

"I... got cocky."

"How many?"

"Just two. Things didn't go the way I planned."

"A minor setback at worst. We begin Acte Deux tomorrow regardless."
Lily
Lily
Admin

View user profile http://jojodeliciousred.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Trial Of The Century [First Story Event] - Page 3 Empty Re: The Trial Of The Century [First Story Event]

Post by Best Girl on Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:50 pm

With the golden arrow yanked away in the chaos, Avantasia redoubled its efforts in machine-gun assault. However, a quick chain of events left its master bewildered. Viola scowled in confusion as the creature seemed to welcome the bombardment. There wasn't any particularly good reason to stop, aiming to incapacitate the enemy, so the armored entity continued despite the rather gross splatter of slime. While the Stand was naturally incapable of caring any less, the blonde reeled a bit in disgust as it sprayed to her skin, which slowed the hailstorm of punches some. Though, unbeknownst to the gangster as the barrage kept going regardless, the gooey adversary reached out for the gravity manipulator's shoulders and grabbed on!

"Wha-" Viola didn't even get to react properly, feeling more repulsed at the sticky, oozing feeling at her own shoulders connected to her guardian's. Her face scrunched, annoyed and perplexed at what they would try next... which was unleashing a blast of goop like some kind of hose! "Gah! What the hell?!" She shouted angrily, cringing from the foreign substance that sullied her attire and dirtied her skin. Considering her flashy dressing, it was a rather... unpleasant thought and sensation from various angles. This led Avantasia to act upon her boiling wrath with a harsh blow that sent the offender careening. Unfortunately, this gave it space to recede into a puddle and... just vanish? It was just... gone.

"Bluh... Ugh..." Viola simply could not find the words to describe how icky and gross it was. She spent a good few moments staring down at her body - her chest and hands with even more residue on her arms... Never mind what was on her dress that she couldn't immediately see or her shoulders... The woman shuddered and whimpered, feeling her proud and confident image smeared by... whatever ungodly ooze this was. "I need a shower... then three more right after it..." A contorted expression of distress grew more and more until she started trying to shake at least some of it off, Avantasia doing the same even though it didn't particularly care.

"I saw your... friend, grab the arrow? I think?" Trying to get her mind back on the going-ons, Viola spoke up to Titus while trying not to turn to face him.
Best Girl
Best Girl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doggo on Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:13 pm

Ténèbres could do little more than hiss as ever more clones pressed in on him. Turn Off the Lights could hold back only so many and the pain in his leg split the cat's focus from commanding his Stand accurately. He would have to ready tooth and claw for this, however ineffective he assumed they would be. All at once the problem became much less severe as a mighty gust of wind surged across the battlefield. The cat saw a mass of shifting air in front of Avery that seemed almost humanoid. It seemed to be like Josette's assistant and his own ninja friend.

"My, that one has perfect dramatic timing." the cat mused aloud. It felt like an episode of those strange cartoons his boy loved so much. The heroes were in danger and just as all seemed lost, one of them gained a new power or an ally appeared to save them. Usually all of this was accompanied with a speech about the power of friendship. It felt strange to be living something like that out now. Josette was quick to assess the situation and called to the man, asking if he could replicate what he'd just done. Given the smoke and number disadvantage, a power that could sweep a wide area seemed invaluable. Though somehow the latter issue appeared to be less prominent. Turn Off the Lights had maintained a vigilant scan of the battlefield and the slime monster numbers were down significantly. But then something else took the tom's attention. The young Gabrio's body was moving.

"What do you thi-" he began yelling. The thought of anything further harming the boy only to see boiled his blood alarmingly fast. But the rage passed quickly as Josette was the one responsible for the movement. She motioned to him to get back on her shoulder which under present circumstances he would be a fool to decline. Turn Off the Lights disappeared as Ténèbres limped over to the girl's arm with as much dignity as he could muster with the three legs available to him. With a bit of a struggle and some twinges of pain from moving the injured leg, the cat had managed to get himself back into position on her shoulder. Barely a moment before he'd settled the girl was off running, causing him to extend his claws into her shoulder out of instinct at the sudden jolt.

"Do you even have any idea where you're going?!" he called out as he adjusted and stopped from having to sink his claws into ride out of this nightmare.
Doggo
Doggo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomiix on Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:11 pm

"Friend?" Titus was put off by the remark, before he regained composure after the strange fight. "Oh, you are referring to my stand?" Titus reaches for his side and the small squire removed from it's bag a golden arrow. Titus delicately took it in hand, careful not to cut himself on it's tip. He studied it's elegant look and felt the power that it held in his hands. He was nearly entranced, before he had considered that the fighting wasn't done everywhere. He quickly turned to Muse with new urgency. "It is his ability. To fetch me weapons... temporarily. Muse, return all of my weapons." With a snap, all of the items Muse fetched returned to where they belonged. With the arrow returning to the physical location of where Muse collected it, in the air near Titus. Titus quickly paws it and slides it into his coat before briskly walking towards the front of the courthouse roof. He didn't seem too concerned about the state of goo on his new companion. Now that the item was returned, Titus won't have to worry about the arrow disappearing here in his sleep. However he was concerned that even if Soren was defeated that his allies were not. "We aren't necessarily safe yet, Muse is also very perceptive."

Titus squats down and points out the oddly colored haired girl that tried to intercept them in the courtroom. Besides herself Titus could clearly see at least one to two other people with stand like images near them. "There are quite a few other people with abilities like ours that are fleeing the scene. Rather suspicious right?" Titus stands up, and Knight floats from him, clutching a tight fist. "Only cowards attack the weak and turn tail!" belted out the metallic voice. "My job is to recover these arrows so that Soren can't use them to hurt people anymore. If those people are working for him, they may know where the other one is. I'm not sure what your motives are, your people are still asleep down there and you may have obligation to them. I really appreciate the help you have given me, but you are in no way obligated to follow me anymore."

Titus shuffles in his coat for what appears to be a... business card case? "I am sure you have many questions, and I would be happy to answer them for you... another time. Unless you have a morbid curiosity and want to follow me, you are free to call me." Titus spins the card between his middle finger and thumb before doing a seamless card toss towards Viola. She was a powerful and capable stand user, she ought to be able to catch a card right? By now Titus was convinced she was not a threat, but those others made Titus suspicious, and he had to act fast to catch up to them. He also had to consider that more authorities were certain to be arriving soon. It would probably be best if he didn't stick around. The french authorities proved they were not able to keep the arrow secured, and he wanted to save Speed Wagon some trouble and not get caught with damning evidence against a wanted murderer. So, with the power of his stand, he lept off of the building. His gaze bearing down upon the group of young adults with powers beyond their comprehension, surrounded by unconscious people and destroyed property. "How much damage has Soren dealt not only here, but in the fates of the people he changed or murdered? There is no way that he could be so easily defeated..."
Tomiix
Tomiix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FourthWave on Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:44 pm

No matter how bad the food was or how much he ate, Avery didn't think a thing that was capable of giving him a nightmare so wild and bizarre that he would see a smoke person saving him from blue slime clones of a world-class criminal would exist. Even the unusual ammount of pain he felt during his previous pummeling could compare to how strange everything was. It seemed so... Real.

Anyways, it was now a good time to use the powers someone has when recognizing he's in a dream and rail it back to the harmless action flick parody it was before. Such a good idea, and it didn't cross his mind. Not even once. And of course, the rest of the clones wouldn't just wait for him to do something unexpected, so they stood up and quickly ran up to him. This time, Avery didn't have to react in order for the smoke being to raise his hand once again and send the clones flying.

It should've been completely obvious that the figure was protecting him, even without his command. But Avery was more concerned on finding which movie genre the nightmare took him now. He didn't have enough time to think about that, as more clones started to appear. He could see them clearly now, as there was no pink smoke covering the area. Was it because of the wind blast generated by the smoke being, or was it just because it was a dream and nothing was obligated to make sense? Anyways, he wasn't going to wake up from that nightmare anytime soon. He had to think what to do next.

'Hey, new guy' He heard a feminine voice say. It took him no time to figure out it was coming from the black and red-haired girl. 'Think you can do that again? We need you to clear a path for us' She added. An escape path? That seemed like a quite anticlimatic end to the whole clone confrontation. One he secretly agreed with. However, she asked him to do 'that' again. 'Huh, w-what do you mean with 'do that again'?' He turned at her and asked. Avery saw how the girl lifted Gabrio and allowed the cute cat to climb on her shoulder. Did she meant the wind blast? But it wasn't him, it was the eerily calm smoke being. 'I can't do 'that' if I don't know what's 'that'!!'.

'We have to get out of here, ASAP'. With this phrase, the caped crusader appeared and dealt the finishing touches to the clones the smoke being just sent flying, converting them quite literally into slime. Instead of being scared by this, Avery was somewhat fascinated. 'So thats where the slime came from...' He thought. He didn't have time to think to much about it, as the girl began sprinting with Gabrio and the cute cat in tow. 'Oh no...'. Still no idea how to do what she wanted him to do. He looked everywhere for a place to run, but his search was cut short when he noticed a mass of clones approaching them.

The area they were coming from seemed, no, was perfect for them to escape. Just thinking about them dissapearing so they could run seemed to be what triggered a new action from the smoke figure, who this time raised both his hands and released an even stronger wind blast that cleared the path for them. 'D-Did you do that? Did I do that?'.

FourthWave

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily on Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:16 pm

Josette barely reacted as Ténèbres' claws dug into her shoulder. She had felt a lot worse today already. Her throat still felt like it was on fire, which was a much greater concern at the moment. Moreover, she had to worry about getting to safety. As she sprinted, a fierce gale blew from behind, blowing the smoke away, and knocking down the clones that barred her path. The force of the wind at her back only increased her speed as she pounded down the pavement. "I know exactly where I'm going," Josette assured her feline companion, now that the path had been made clear by Avery's wind, "Home."

Soon, Josette and co seemed to lose their pursuers, as the clones either lost her due to her speed, or stopped following her in general. Except for one, it seemed. Though she didn't stop to look, Josette was keenly aware that someone was still following her, but she couldn't slow down to fight. As long as her puruser couldn't catch her, she would be fine. She raced through Clairmaix, moving through alleyways and backstreets, hoping to shake the person chasing her, and to ensure that no random civilians noticed her running around town while carrying an unconscious child. Before long, Josette arrived at her destination. She slid down a river bank, then ran alongside the river before coming to a halt underneath a stone bridge. "Here we are," Josette said, setting Gabrio down gently on the concrete ground, "Home sweet home. I know it's not much, but it's safer to let him rest here instead of going to a hospital. I couldn't afford a checkup anyway." Josette walked towards the base of the bridge, pulling a wooden crate from a hole in the stone. From the crate, she retrieved a pair of blankets. Returning to Gabrio, she lifted the boy's body again, before laying him down on one blanket, bundling the other up to serve as a pillow. Then, she turned back towards the way she had come from and called out to her mystery pursuer "Alright, you can stop chasing us now! You're outnumbered, so don't even think about starting a fight!"
Lily
Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CM_Renji on Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:14 am

Gabrio opened his eyes to see a stone structure above him. He lifted his head up and stared down at a blanket placed underneath him. “Blankets?” His eyes shot wide open as he quickly remembered everything that happened. The boy shouted loudly. “Avery!” He looked around, unable to find him, and instead seeing someone familiar; It was the woman who had snuck into the courthouse along with that black cat. She stood a ways away from the boy, shouting about a pursuer. He could only deduce that this woman had taken him away from the incident and all the commotion. “Crap… I really hope Avery is okay…” He said to himself as he sat up.

The boy quickly stood up on both feet, stumbling slightly and barely maintaining his upright posture.  His stance was wobbly, and he found himself quickly falling forward onto his knees. “No good… I can barely move…” He sat down and began to think. “She seems pretty able, and from what I saw before, she probably has a ghost buddy just like I do. I’ll probably a detriment if I help her in the condition I’m in.”

His eyes quivered as he looked in the direction of the woman and the cat. He felt like he had to be of some use to them. “Um… miss?” He spoke to try to get their attention. “If either you or your cat get injured, I can help you with my ghost buddy.” Despite his weakened condition, his stand rose from behind him still as menacing and red as ever. The boy wasn't sure if his stand could be seen, but he was hopeful that it wouldn't be too shocking. He sat down a few feet away, ready to assist if he was needed.
CM_Renji
CM_Renji

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doggo on Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:09 pm

So long as Josette did in fact know where she was going Ténèbres was content to merely hang on and wait for their arrival. Their path had been cleared rather well by the other man and the girl seemed fast enough to get away even with the extra weight she was carrying. She began taking erratic paths down different alleys and paths which made sense for a bit but the longer it went on the more the cat took notice of the fact they were still being followed by someone. The girl eventually stopped underneath a bridge that passed over a river and claimed it to be her home.

"I wouldn't have pegged you as a street urchin." the cat commented while taking in the abundant amenities of her makeshift home. Still it seemed she had enough to keep the injured young boy comfortable and that was his focus. Even as she turned to call to their pursuer his eyes were fixed on the unconscious youth. His leg aside Ténèbres was still ready to fight to protect himself and the child whatever their chaser wanted with them. The cat let himself down from Josette's shoulder with all the grace he could manage with three functioning legs and then began to scan the area. But his focus was taken as the boy awoke with a shout of "Avery". The word didn't register more than relief that he'd awoken.

"Luc-" he started but cut himself off as he turned to face Gabrio. This was a stranger. Not anyone he knew or was connected to. He couldn't wax sentimental at a time like this. Still, his heart wouldn't listen to reason as he limped over to Gabrio's side. As he did so a menacing figure appeared behind him which startled the feline. It looked like some sort of demon what with the horns and red skin. But the boy had called it his "ghost buddy". So clearly it was like Turn Off the Lights in some way.

"An odd way to describe what many might call the Devil don't you think?" he asked the boy. All past experience told him this would just be interpreted as random meows. But he couldn't help but think that if Josette had a power similar to his and actually understood him, it might apply to others with the same power. He continued walking towards Gabrio and sat as close to him as he could without touching while his own Stand reappeared. The ninja materialized for only an instant before it retreated into the shadows under the bridge and vanished from sight. The less their pursuer could see coming the better.
Doggo
Doggo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl on Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:23 pm

Viola gave up on shaking off the majority of the goo halfway into Titus' dialogue. The woman was clearly annoyed and huffed a breath of restrained frustration, wanting to scream but keeping herself as composed as she could. Though, this allowed her to focus on the interesting thing her new ally mentioned from the start: "Your 'Stand'?" Is that what they're called? Confusion sculpted her countenance, leaving a perplexed stare as the man secured the arrow and took some steps forward. This bewilderment was quick to leave as he pointed out a crucial player:

The young girl below who had a bundle of clones attack them like the Soren duplicates.

The gangster's teeth were lightly clenched, "Right when I told them they didn't have to worry about her..." A Stand user and working alongside the phantom thief who caused this huge scene... Though, the boys from before having specters akin to her own was surprising given how her eyes widened. Avantasia levitated on standby, including itself in the gathering display of the ghostly entities in its hulking stature. It did not share the voice that the chivalrous knight had, but Viola could imagine some form of silent ire for the situation. The guardian couldn't protect their fellow gang members nor apprehend those involved... and she felt the gravity of overconfidence's consequence weigh down.

Viola sucked on her teeth, scowling.

Titus' business card was caught by Avantasia's gravity, which was plucked from the condensed air and with it came a mountain of inquiries ready to overflow. Unfortunately, the group below was getting away and Titus had no time to play a rousing round of twenty questions. So, she let him get on with his job.

"... I'll have to follow in a minute." Morbid curiosity was the foundation for her righteous assassin work as is. First, however, Viola equipped herself with an adorably pink cellphone adorned with cat ornaments and hit speed dial. Almost immediately following that did a male voice respond in a thick, Italian accent filled with panic. He was practically hollering: 'Whadda fuck happened?!'

"The cops are gonna be here soon, so I need some guys to pick up our people fast. Long story short, this was a big stage for some kind of messed up show. A show or something like that for people like me. ... Because I have this 'Stand'; I think that's what Avantasia is." Viola had to summarize quickly, letting it be known of the mess that hit the courthouse. The individuals in question were armed with these spirits that the normal person could not see. Knowing firsthand the elusive terror behind these ghosts thanks to utilizing Avantasia's power for her own work... Optimistically trying to gauge his character was no longer a viable option. Their usual means of background check wasn't as urgent as it needed to be. "I'm gonna look more into it myself right now, just get our guys out of here."

Safely descending from the rooftop with her Stand ability, she cut the call short. Quickly getting cleaned up and heading in Titus' direction was her next objective.
Best Girl
Best Girl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomiix on Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:30 pm

Titus began his chase, launching himself towards a building that the girl was trying to duck around. "Squire Muse! Grappling hook!" With that call, the small knight appeared, with chain and hook in hand. Knight of Cydonia quickly grabs the hook, swirls it in the air, and hooks to the building, launching them around the building and allowing a quick pursuit. Titus flew through the air, and Knight landed and pushed off of a wall, propelling them forward even more. Their increase in speed more than made up for the occasional losing of their target and needing to find her again. Titus eventually stops atop a building, looking down at her retreat under a bridge. Titus places the hook on an anchor and lowers himself down. Studying the scene as he approached, boxes set up under the bridge, such deplorable living conditions? Either Soren's promises are more hollow than Titus first thought, or he completely has misjudged the situation. Titus looked at the injured boy and frowned. He knows he didn't inflict those wounds, so how many more stand users were out there? Titus stopped approaching, and starred in the eyes of Josette. He pushed up his glasses on his face as he collected his thoughts, his tall demeanor relaxing and leaning back, unthreatened by the declaration of a numbers advantage.

"Listen up, because I will only say this once." Titus started, when Knight manifested behind him in his full broad and intimidating form. It cuts off Titus, continuing. "We fight for the side of Justice!" Titus continued, on beat. "Your numbers advantage doesn't scare me, you had me outnumbered before and I was still able to evade you. I am just here to chase down all of my leads towards Soren and the other arrow." Knight, being ever helpful and loud, continued. "So! Either prove yourselves to be fiends and fight us, or surrender what you know about the wicked Phantom Thief!" This was an ultimatum Titus wasn't afraid to act on, and Knight postured with his grand sword out, ready to defend it's master from a surprise attack. Titus however didn't summon any guns or arms, and simply stayed relaxed. He looked over the scene more and more, and was less convinced that the kids here were any threat to him. His heart wasn't in the fight, but the force that projected Knight was certainly iching to be as heroic as it could be. Muse floated away, looking for more threats and being the eyes behind Titus's back.
Tomiix
Tomiix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FourthWave on Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:42 pm

Avery still couldn't believe what just happened. The very moment the thought about 'clearing the path' crossed his mind, the strange smoke figure did his thing and got rid of all the clones plaguing the escape route. It's as if he was somehow connected with the creature through his mind. 'I wonder...' He started thinking, while many of the fallen clones started to become puddles of blue slime. Gross.  'I wonder if I'm connected to this thing...'. Could it be? Could it be that... He was indeed linked to the smoke creature? One thing was sure, the dream was getting way too out of control with whatever the hell it was referencing.

He then saw how the girl, still with Gabrio and the cute cat in tow, ran through the path the creature just 'cleaned'. 'W-Wait! Where are you goin-?' He tried to ask them, but a combination of them running too fast to notice him and the pain of his previous injuries catching up to him interrupted him mid-sentence. 'Ugh... It hurts a lot...'. Avery walked into and then leaned against a wall, trying to gain some energy. Instinctively, he also turned back to see how things were going and saw a still growing mass of clones running towards him, so he decided that knowing where to go wasn't as important as getting the hell out of there.

Avery tried to run, oh boy he did, but he couldn't get too far in his current state. He wasn't even an athletic person to begin with. He lost sight of the girl and, of course, the direction she went in. That meant he had no idea where to go next. 'Oh... This is perfect...' He thought, gasping for air as he tried to run a little bit faster. He still had the problem of the clones comming for him and all that. 'Come on...' He forced himself to move some more. 'I need to get out of here!'. And that's when the the smoke figure reacted. In a swift movement, not only it somewhat stood up, but also floated and grabbed Avery by the waist with one arm while pointing backwards with the other. This series of actions were followed by the sudden release of an air blast so powerful that propelled both of them forward at high speeds.

The young man didn't know what was more strange: The fact that he could feel the solid grip of a smoke creature, or the fact that he thought about trying to fly in a dream during that moment. Anyways, he was glad that he wasn't in danger anymore... And then a building appeared in from of him. Again, his thoughts saved him as the figure reacted to propel them upwards with a new powerful blast. Now on the air and way over the buildings, Avery appreciated the view of nearly all of Clairmaix. Despite being taken aback by the beauty of seeing a city from above, he managed to locate the girl, running through the many streets of the city. It wasn't that dificult, as recognizing a black and red dot being chased by many red dots wasn't that problematic to begin with. However, the many chasing red dots were starting to get behind

'Oh! There they are!' He thought, happy that he managed to find them quite easily. However, he also noticed that someone else was following them closely. The person looked a lot like the blonde man Avery took a photo of before. 'Ok, that's strange...' He thought. 'Shouldn't he be asleep at the courthous? Nevermind, I need to get close to the-'. And as soon as he thought that, the smoke figure, who has been consistently releasing air blast downwards to keep them on the air, released a powerful blast that launched them in the general direction of where the girl was. However, he didn't take into account the fact that, in the time that it took him to get there, they could've moved to somewhere else. Also, he was falling at even higher speeds than before.

'WAIT WAIT WAIT!!!' He shouted, panicking even though he was still convinced he was in a dream. 'YOU'RE GOING TO KILL ME!!! YOU'RE REALLY GOING TO KILL ME!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH-!!!'. In a matter of seconds, just in time, the smoke figure turned his hand to the front an released a controlled blast of air a few meters above the ground in order to stop the fall. Avery landed more than safely in an alleyway, but he was still screaming for his dear life as he didn't realize he even landed. It took him quite some time to calm down, while the smoke creature just remained seated in its signature pose.

'AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH- Wait... I'm... I'm still alive!!' He realized way too late, but he did in the end. He directed an angry look to the smoke being, ready to lay a serious verbal smackdown to the creature for endangering his life in such way. However, he remembered that nothing of that mattered as he was still in a dream. A pretty wild and surreal one, but one nonetheless. One wonders how many times would that excuse make sense until he realises he's awake. In the end, he decided to exit the alleyway into the street, catching the attention of more than one passerby. If the rough landing didn't draw their attention, then the big blood stain on his sweater and the visible injuries on his face would surely do.

Looking everywhere in search for the girl, he managed to locate the fading figure of the man that was pursuing them on the distance. He nearly resumed his pursuit, until he noticed a familiar figure, dressed in a familiar revealing outfit.

'Could it be? Is that... M-Miss Viola!!' He shouted and waved at her, feeling relief at seeing her safe and sound. 'Over here!! Over here!!'. He thought she was also unconscious inside the courthouse, but she managed to escape... Somehow.

FourthWave

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily on Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:03 pm

As Josette was waiting for a response from her mystery pursuer, she heard an unfamiliar voice from behind her. Glancing back, she saw that the boy had awoken, and was now standing behind her. His voice was strange, accented, an accent she had never heard before. European, most likely, but any more specific, she was unsure. Regardless, the boy was offering his ability to heal her and Ténèbres, as a demonic figure materialized beside him. At this point, she was no longer surprised. "Fascinating," she muttered, "yesterday, I thought I had a guardian angel. Yet today, I find a boy with the same power, followed by a demon," she shook her head. There was more to this than she could have ever thought, but she wasn't sure she'd be getting answers any time soon. "Anyway," she said, "if your, er, ghost buddy can somehow heal us, that'd be much appreciated. The cat isn't mine, but he got hurt protecting you, so you oughta patch him up."

Before Josette could continue instructing Gabrio, a man appeared before her, flanked by a great, armored knight, with a massive sword. Suddenly, her body tensed, her eyes instinctively darting around, making sure she had full comprehension of the landscape. Of course, this was her home. It was mostly barren, but she knew it well. If there was to be a fight, the environment would not be her enemy. Instinctively, Back In Black appeared at her side, ready to intercept an incoming attack for her. But, the man and his knight did not attack right away. He and his knight began speaking, making some declaration of being on the side of justice, but that seemed ridiculous to Josette. But then, Titus said something that seemed a little too out of place.

'WE had YOU outnumbered?!' Josette thought incredulously, 'We fought off a hundred clones, and you think WE had the numbers advantage?!' No, that didn't make any sense. And as Titus continued, she understood why. This guy thought she was with the man on trial? Why? Because he saw her running from the courthouse? That seemed like an awfully hasty conclusion to jump to. She was suspicious. "You wanna know what I know about that phantom thief guy?" she asked him, raising an eyebrow. It was still possible this guy was with him, and trying to pry information from her for some reason, but that seemed like a stretch. "Well, he's an asshole who killed a bunch of people. Given the name, I'm willing to bet he steals things too," she said, "Oh, and there's about a thousand of him, and they all tried to kill me. Any other questions?"

Seeing his relaxed posture, Josette was willing to bet Titus wasn't looking for a fight. She was pretty sure she could take him, with the help of Ténèbres and Gabrio. It would be six on two, after all. Even in their injured state, they were no slime creatures - their numbers advantage would actually matter, she was sure. Despite that, she still wanted to avoid a fight. Her throat still burned, and she knew Ténèbres and Gabrio were injured, and didn't want to risk further injury to them. What's more, they had lost the other man that was with them earlier, and had no way to know if he would show up again any time soon. Better to play it diplomatically. Josette dismissed Back In Black, then sat down on the ground casually, attempting to emanate a nonthreatening aura. Years of using sympathy and pity as a survival tool had honed her skill at this task finely. "Look, if you're after the guy that attacked the courthouse, we don't know anything. We're just victims."
Lily
Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CM_Renji on Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:43 pm

“Ah, so you can see him. I guess it makes sense that there would be more people with creatures like this out in the world.” Gabrio paused for a moment, feeling that something was off. “People…” The boy looked down at the cat with eyes full of bewilderment. “Did… did you just talk?” Just as the realization hit him, a fantastic ninja flashed before his eyes and just as quickly disappeared into the shadows. There was no mistaking it, that was a spirit just like the one Gabrio had. Having witnessed some spectacular events just recently, he decided that a talking cat was nothing to make a huge fuss over. “So, I can only guess that you have one too, Mister Cat?” He said not knowing the tom’s name.

Gabrio then looked to the red and black haired woman who was explaining that the cat was risking his life as well. The boy looked to see the cat’s leg was in pretty bad condition. The woman seemed to be in decent enough shape, so he decided to help the cat first.

Just as Judas Priest began to reach its claws towards the cat, a loud and imposing voice boomed from outside the bridge. It sounded like someone talking about justice and even condemning the Phantom Thief. A massive being stood next to him. It was a spectacular iron clad knight with a large sword. "This is probably another one." He thought to himself. If this was an enemy, the situation would be dire, but Gabrio concluded from his speech against the Phantom Thief that this guy must be a good person. “Please hold on, mister, I think you’ve got the wrong people. We were attacked too!” He looked the man in the eyes as Judas Priest continued. “I’m gonna heal these two with my ghost buddy… and if you’re really against this ‘Phantom Thief’ I won’t mind helping you either.” Gabrio stayed in a position he considered non-threatening as Judas Priest got to work.

The demon reach his arm out to the cat until its claws were just centimeters away from the cat’s hind leg. “This will hurt for a little bit, so please just hold on." The boy said with a reassuring smile. "Alright, Judas Priest!” The stand quickly poked one of its claws deep into the flesh and bone of the cat, and just as quickly it began its healing duty. Globs of strange liquid poured into the cat’s body. The liquid was a mix of blood and other compounds that began replacing any lost blood, and mending the broken bones and tendons. After a brief moment, his internal injuries were all completely fixed. The stand pulled its finger out and began producing a bright, purple flame. With this flame, he began to cauterize the wound. Despite the flames coming into contact with fur and skin, it did not hurt or burn. In contrast, the pain was beginning to go away as he finished his treatment.
CM_Renji
CM_Renji

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doggo on Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:30 pm

"Mister Cat?" Ténèbres repeated Gabrio's designation for him with a curious tone. As he'd thought the boy could also understand him. There had to be something to these   so-called ghost buddies. Still, the tom couldn't place his thoughts on the idea of being called Mister Cat. It sounded somewhat refined but also seemed to make out to be some boring awful adult. Maybe that was true given his age. Ultimately he figured it better to not let the moniker stick.

"I believe this is where I should say Mister Cat is my father. I go by Ténèbres." he started mainly to establish his name before a nickname took root. "As to your questions both answers are yes. You seem to be one of the particularly bright children who actually understands me though." he continued, his usual sneer fading the longer he interacted with the child. Josette and Gabrio both addressed the one who had followed them. Quite the boisterous fellow really. The man felt like he was out of one of the humans' cartoons with how he so readily proclaimed to be on the side of justice. Ténèbres himself didn't focus on the man. Turn Off the Lights had surveillance covered for him from the shadows. Instead his attention remained fixed on Gabrio who began getting his ghost buddy ready for healing procedures.

"You know I usually make it a point to not let demons pet me." he tried to joke as Judas Priest's claws drew near to his injury. The tom was forewarned of initial pain which seemed less than ideal but he couldn't say no to the boy's smiling face. Ténèbres shut his eyes in anticipation and sure enough the pain came. Upon opening his eyes he saw the hand of the thing deep inside leg. How this was supposed to heal anything he didn't know. Still, he merely grunted some and restricted himself from hissing or wailing. He was going to trust the boy. It was surreal watching his leg reassemble itself and snap back into place. It was painful too. The creature withdrew its hand and placed a purple fire up against it. The relief of subsiding pain surged through the cat's body as it did so. Once the procedure was finished Ténèbres put his previously injured leg down and put weight on it slowly to test the waters. Sure enough it was working good as new.

"Quite the miracle worker..." he said in some awe as he began hopping about putting weight across all his paws and stretching out to check for range of motion. "I'll have to tell him I met a real... oh what was it again..." the cat spoke to himself and seemed to be wracking his brain. "White mage that's the one!" came the desired information after some fishing. It was hard to try and put words to his memories from before he'd awakened to his Stand. But with how many nights he had spent on his boy's lap as they enjoyed a video game or show together the silly little phrases would always come back to him. "So then, what's your name child?" he asked of Gabrio, not wanting to carry on too long without a name for the boy.

Josette meanwhile had decided on attempting to disarm the situation and dismissed her ghost buddy. She'd even gone so far as to sit down. Trying to make things seem safe for their pursuer so as to calmly talk with him no doubt. Meaning for the time being the cat probably ought to stick to semi-normal cat things. He brushed up against Gabrio's legs with his sides several times without really thinking about it but also as thanks for helping him. Nothing suspicious here. No sir. Unless Titus could hear him talk too. Given the track record of people with weird powers understanding him so far Ténèbres had to assume it applied universally. And though he appeared relaxed, an invisible ninja remained ready to strike from the shadows at a moment's notice. Not until everyone was sitting down and relaxed would he dismiss it. He had to be ready.
Doggo
Doggo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl on Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:57 am

The situation at the courthouse garnered far too much attention, authorities taking their time to get there but on their way regardless. Viola had long since escaped, however, and swiped a couple of cloths from various places in the meantime to hastily clean off the disgusting goo that painted itself upon her. "Bleh." The woman retched, tossing the last, dutifully stained fabric in a trash bin was her final stop before getting back to the task at hand. A natural expression was put on for the masses, no one would really suspect a thing beyond the now mostly wiped off slime. As far as those wandering, going about their day or finding great interest in what happened at the courthouse knew, she wasn't there. Unfortunately, this detour made it fairly difficult to even know where to start finding the man and his knight Stand.

She gazed blankly forward, trying to collect her thoughts with a quiet exhale. Viola had been holding her breath, feeling stressed out by the passing ordeal that may have a part two should the glasses girl be part of the proceedings. Eyes squinting, Viola's face ran between neutral, irritated, and tired. "I really need a drink..." A whine for an escape, dainty digits ran their pretty, manicured nails through the shiny, yellow locks. "There's no way I'm gonna be able to find him without a clue. I'm just gonna go home... Someone can track the girl, probably and-" The blonde's new plan of investigation was interrupted by some loudmouth hollering in the distance. She, like most others who weren't deaf, turned in that direction.

... Everyone waited a few moments until the screeching party of one came out of a nearby alley.

"Avery?" Viola spoke with surprise, responding to his proceeding call and approaching. "What the hell happened to you? Are you alright?" Her composure faded a bit because of lingering distress, now faced with a young man she met only recently injured and his clothes sullied. Heaven forbid the kid he was with didn't get caught up in this mess... Regardless, the woman's tone was full of concern and curiosity.
Best Girl
Best Girl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomiix on Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:05 pm

Titus looked over the downtrodden, beaten children and shook his head. Unless there were more people like Viola, it was unlikely they were working for Soren and in this sad of a state. The demonic looking 'ghost buddy' disturbed Titus, and he wasn't quite expecting MORE stand users. How many victims did the Phantom Thief claim? Or was this many stand users in one city really just some kind of freak coincidence? Or part of some greater scheme? After seeing Josette stand down, Titus will raise his hand and Knight will lower it's sword. However the knight steps forward through Titus, revealing it's true nature as a stand. Engulfing him in his protective hold. Titus will begin to approach forward, with Knight matching his steps. Muse will continue scouting for pursuers, concerned about any other users in Soren's employ.

"It seems Soren is multi talented. For he had multiple clones of you come against me. It seems his stand is more adaptive at trickery than I thought." Titus puts a hand to his chin and thinks. This is still hardly an appropriate or safe place to speak about such sensitive matters. If what the girl says is true, then any one of the passersby could be a gooey clone in disguise. Making nothing he says private. "I am staying at a hotel in the city. It is rather classy and has plenty of space and food for the lot of you. If you do not mind me asking you questions about what happened to you today you are more than welcome to partake, on me. You likely will benefit from it as well, as I know quite a good amount of information about your 'ghost buddies', if you wish to learn more about them." Titus doesn't make this offer lightly, and finds the thought of being in a room with two other stand users very risky and dangerous, but necessary nonetheless. He looks into Josette's eyes very seriously, trying to discern some kind of intent. As he does so, Knight looks down as well. It's emotionless armored face likely not helping when it comes to persuasion, but his metallic voice tries to sound convincing. "It is not chivalrous to tread on the down trodden."
Tomiix
Tomiix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily on Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:41 pm

Her eyes still fixed on Titus, Josette tuned one ear to the young boy and cat behind her, careful to not let them out of her watch. It seemed Gabrio was attentively healing her feline friend, just as he claimed he would. The brief glimpse she caught of the demon's "healing," however effective it may have been, made Josette none too eager to be next in line for his help. Perhaps she'd have to steer conversation away from that topic. For now, she'd focus on the man in front of her. Her and Gabrio's words and nonthreatening natures had convinced him, and he made no hostile motions towards them. At the same time, the Knight moved through the man, enveloping him like an ethereal armor. It made sense, but Josette wasn't certain until now. This man was just like her. Just like Gabrio and Ténèbres. A 'ghost buddy?' She wasn't certain of that name, but it appeared to be the common thread between her and everyone else wrapped up in this ordeal.

Titus's words concerned Josette, "Hang on," she said, "That's why you thought we were with those guys? They sent some gooey lookalikes after you?" How was that even possible? And why her? Maybe it was arbitrary, and whoever this attack was orchestrated by, was just trying to sow confusion amongst his enemies. But if that was true, who's to say she could ever trust anybody? Sure, this man wouldn't have revealed that information if he wasn't trustworthy, but if she let him out of her sight for just a moment, he could be replaced by a duplicate that was out to stab her in the back. It was paranoia-inducing to say the least, but Josette was used to looking over her shoulder constantly.

At Titus' offer, however, Josette's eyes lit up. A fancy hotel, with plenty of food? Presumably being offered to her for free? All that fighting and running had burned through the sandwich she'd eaten earlier, and it wasn't every day she got to eat high class food.

Or eat at all.

So it was certainly a tempting offer. For that matter, learning more about her Back In Black, and the other so-called ghost buddies that had started appearing all around her would be equally valuable. She didn't know if the boy or Ténèbres would be so quick to follow up on that offer, but it was an offer she couldn't refuse. Then she realized something. Ténèbres. Titus hadn't had any reaction to the cat so far. Either he was so used to this, based on the experience his words implied, that a talking cat was nothing special to him, or he hadn't heard Ténèbres speak. Regardless of whether this man was an enemy or an ally, Josette believed that the more secrets she could keep up her sleeve, the better, and thought it best if they tried to keep up the facade as long as they could. If a fight did break out, a surprise attack from Ténèbres could be vital. So, Josette stood up, "Well, sure, I'm game," she said, "show me the fridge and I'll answer a question or two." She turned her head back to Gabrio and Ténèbres, "What about you, kid? You look like you could use a bite yourself." Not to mention that the information would probably help him as well. Besides, he was the biggest victim of the attack amongst them. Maybe he'd want to help this guy hunt the ones responsible down. Then, she knelt next to Ténèbres, "Oh, and this little guy is coming too," she said back to Titus, still looking at the cat, while putting on a fake, cutesy voice, "I couldn't just leave the wittle guy out on the street to fend for himself while I relax and eat delicious food, right?" Under her feigned attitude, while her back was turned to the man, the serious look in her eyes attempted to send the cat a message: "Just go along with this for now." Josette twirled around, now sporting a smile fitting her faux cutesy tone from a moment prior, "Alright, where to?"
Lily
Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FourthWave on Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:36 pm

"Avery?"

Luckily for him, the woman he saw was, in fact, Miss Viola. "But of course she is Miss Viola!" He thought. It was his dream after all. If something happened, then in should be something in his favor, one way or another. But there was pretty solid evidence that it wasn't the case, along with the little fact that nearly everything that happened before that exact moment was a life-or-death situation for him. "What the hell happened to you? Are you alright?" She asked, with Avery perceiving some hints of worry in her voice. He just met her and now she was worrying about him? Sweet. Thought it could pretty well be common decency.

"Huh, what are you talking about?" However, so much happened in the last few minutes that he totally forgot that he should be looking like a total mess. "Oh... You mean this?" He took a look at his blood-stained sweater, somehow forgetting that his face was also swolled and slightly bloodied. "Well, it's kind off a funny story. Just after you went into the courthouse, I was shot with an arrow! Right through the heart! Like that old song, I don't know if you've heard it. I collapsed, of course. I mean, an arrow through the heart. That should be enough to bring down even an elephant. But then I woke up like nothing happend, a couple of steps away from where I fell. I was carried by that kid, Gabrio. But that's not it! I was surrounded by a strange smoke, then the clones came and I took quite a beating from them. Oh, they also looked a lot like the Fantôme de Pomme" He explained quite nonchalantly, drawing some weird looks from many passers-by unlucky enough to hear him.

"Oh!" But his eyes light up as he proceeded to explain what happened next. "But then this strange smoke being appeared and blasted them away with his air bending techniques or whatever" He tried to act as best as he could how the clones went flying after receiving such attack, even with an attempt at special effects. "It also took me for a ride! I flew through the air! It was awesome! ... And terrifying. Both at the same time. Specially when we tried to land. I thought I was going to die. But how could I? This is a dream after all!". Avery then grabbed her arm and tried to take her to the alley to see the creature, but when he turned to see it he noticed it wasn't there. "Here it is, loo- What the hell!? It left!? But how!?".

Releasing her arm, the young man proceeded to search for the creature in that area, even checking the garbage containers. "I swear it was right here!! Sitting just like this!! As if it was showing the world it was cool and it didn't care!!". No matter how much he looked and where, there was no sign of it. "Oh, come on!! Don't tell me that it dissipated!! No fair, this is my dream!! How come I can't control where this thing appears?".

FourthWave

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CM_Renji on Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:01 pm

“Pleasure to meet you, Ténèbres! I’m Gabrio!” The boy said with a smile. Gabrio let out a sigh of relief as he finished his treatment of the polite cat. “Even though he’s quite scary to look at, he even helped me out when I was young.” Gabrio’s eyes wandered off for a moment, thinking about the past, then turned his attention back to listen to Ténèbres. “A white mage?” The only time the boy had experience technology in his life were a couple of times when his customers would be kind enough to let him play games on their phones, so he was unaware of many concepts in video games. “I wouldn’t really know.” He shrugged at the question.

Gabrio reached a hand out slowly to pet the cat from head to tail. “Thank you both for saving me. What’s your name, miss?” He said before turning his attention to the man with the imposing knight. “And yours as well?”

The man began talking to the group, saying that he’d inform them about their ghost buddies and wanted some answers as well. “A hotel and food?” Gabrio questioned. Just as he spoke a realization hit him. “Ah, my pillow!” Not only did he keep his food money in there, but also the money that the kind passerby had given him. It was likely back around the front of the courthouse where he had passed out earlier. He was in no real condition to go back for it either, besides, there could still be enemies around that area anyway. Quite an unfortunate turn of events. “Aw well, I’ll retrieve it later when it’s safe.” The boy stumbled up to his feet. “I’ll join you guys. I would like some information, and besides, I owe the two of you anyway.” He stated as he turned to the woman and the cat.

Gabrio’s eyes widened as yet another realization hit. “Ah, wait! That’s right, Avery was hurt! It was really bad!” He walked up to the young woman who had saved him. “Miss, did you see a man with glasses back at the courthouse?! He was perched by an arrow! I tried to heal him but the last I remember, he wasn’t moving!” He begged an answer from the woman. The boy started coughing, as he was still clearly injured and fatigued. He lowered his voice, trying to calm himself down. “S-sorry for shouting. Here, I can help you if you’d like. I can probably fix you up with just a poke.” Gabrio brought out Judas Priest again. He waited patiently to see how she responded.
CM_Renji
CM_Renji

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doggo on Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:34 pm

It was was a stroke of luck for Ténèbres when the boy introduced himself with a very different name than had been running through his head. It would help him stop drawing comparisons if even a little bit. To further this, Gabrio didn't seem to understand his game reference. So unlike his boy, this one wasn't into video games. Perhaps by circumstance and not by choice but regardless the difference still stood. Differences were good. The cat could draw lines and ultimately leave much easier if there was less emotional attachment.

That all said, the boy knew how give a pet. The tom happily walked through the outstretched hand allowing it to run from head to the tip of his tail. Between that and his healed leg he was feeling pretty alright all things considered. The offer of a nice place to sleep and food from Titus served to further sweeten the deal. He had something clever to say, because when didn't he, but was intercepted by Josette talking to him like he was a little child or her pet kitten. He cocked his head at the side in confusion initially but quickly realized that even while accepting the offer, the girl was still smart enough to not show her hand too quickly with this stranger.

"Meoooooooooooooow" came the drawn out pathetic response to the girl's plan. Ténèbres had really tried to lay the cute part on thick. It came pretty naturally to him, for a black cat anyway. How handy it was he thought to still have the option of not being understood now that he had found humans who actually could understand him. To top it off he began licking at his front paw to groom his face. A cat had to look his best even at the worst of times. And it gave him time to think about the man who had gotten away at the courthouse as well as what he would have to do to find him again.
Doggo
Doggo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl on Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:26 pm

Viola looked upon Avery... perplexed. The woman raised her brow in confusion, seeing how nonchalantly he was reacting to his current state. "Uh..." She wanted to ask if he was alright in the head, despite having no signs of injury there. The bit about being shot in the heart was very concerning and made her really think he had a few screws loose after Soren's huge spectacle. He woke up after being pierced through? Yeah, okay, if this ended up true then this was the most... bizarre day of her life. Still, she decided to just humor him. "Strange smoke?" Was her next question as the boy babbled on like a lunatic. People were right to stare, hearing such nonsense and insanity made many wonder if he was fit to roam the streets.

Though, as Avery suddenly pulled the gangster toward the alley, Viola started slowly piecing together what he was talking about nearing the end. "... Hold on." There was no such individual from memory at the courthouse, but the way he spoke implied the figure kept following him. Gradually, her expression softened with enlightenment. If it was simply some random savior, it wouldn't have stuck to just the rambling young lad here - especially to take off flying. "Avery... Concentrate and call the name of that person you're talking about." Viola advised, taking a breath as she led by example.

"Avantasia."

Within an instant, the armored amazon materialized behind the stand user. Its eye gleamed menacingly down upon the boy, emitting a ghastly sigh from its unseen mouth. "I think... what you're talking about might be like this."
Best Girl
Best Girl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FourthWave on Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:26 pm

Avery was angry.

No.

A better way to describe how he felt would be "pissed off beyond human belief". He heard that one once in school. But really, what kind of dream is one where you can't even control the simplest of things? Not to mention that up to that point nothing was making sense. Well, usually dreams don't make that much sense, but he remembered pretty well that he could at least follow where things were going in his previous dreams. However...

"... Hold on" Said Viola while he searched. The young man calmed down and stopped looking for the smoke being, turning to face her. "Huh? Is everything fine miss Viola?" He asked. "I'm sorry about getting mad all of a sudden, but it seems like I can't control anything in this lucid dream. I'm even apologizing! In my own dream! You're supposed to be a product of my imagination and all that". Yeah, more crazy talk.

Of course, she didn't respond to any of that. No one's really prepared to talk with someone that acts like a lunatic. However, it was obvious that something was going on inside her head as he noted how her usually rough expression turned into a, huh, soft one. "Avery..." She then added, still ignoring the previous comments (Not that he minded, of course).

"Concentrate and call the name of that person you're talking about" She advised him, before taking a deep breath.

"... Sorry, what? Person?". Avery was mildly surprised. She surely was referring to the smoke creature that helped him, but calling it a person... "I think that would be quite the stretch. No person is made of smoke, miss Viola". He commented. The thought of calling the creature a "person" didn't cross his mind until that very moment. Of course, he had in mind the fact that the figure had an humanoid shape and all that but... Well, no person he knows off is made of pure smoke, and he has an uncle that's been smoking since he was 15.

"Oh, and what do you mean by "name"? That creature didn't tell me its name. I'm not sure if it even has on-". And at that moment, he stopped his mumbling to hear Viola said a strange word:

"Avantasia".

"Avantasia? What's th- WHAT THE HELL IS THAT!?". As soon as Viola said that strange word, a towering and armored... "Thing" appeared behind her. It had a human-like appearance, just like the smoke figure, but it was clear from a first glance that it wasn't, well, human. Oh, and there was also the fact that it suddenly materialized out of nowhere. Avery retreated, feeling fear. That creature could very well be from his dreams, a reference to something he didn't remember consciously. Maybe it was there to make his dream more wild, or solidify its status as a horrible nightmare.

But the creature in front of him felt so real...

"M-Miss Viola... This isn't a dream, am I right?".

FourthWave

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomiix on Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:52 pm

After hearing the overwhelming positive responses, Titus nodded and pulled out a cellular flip phone. Using his bottom lip, he opens it and enters a number. Keeping an eye on the group, he begins his conversation.

"Master Foil, images from the courthouse are starting to emerge, it looks like total mayhem! Are you quite alright?" asked a panicked voice, audible only to Titus through the phone.

"I am alright. I ended up making more allies then engaging real enemies during the mission. We will need a ride back to the hotel where we can debrief. The mission has been a partial success, an artifact was acquired." Titus responded cooly, keeping his gaze on the other stand users. "We will need a stretch vehicle."

His handler replied, quite relieved. "I'll see what I can do Titus, message me your location."

With the call wrapped up, Titus texts a quick direction and puts the phone away. Eventually looking over to the nearby ledge and taking a seat.

"Our ride will be here shortly." He said shortly, his knight shadowing his movements and staying near to him.
Tomiix
Tomiix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3