Ghost Buddies [Josette, Tenebres, Gabrio, Titus]

Go down

Ghost Buddies [Josette, Tenebres, Gabrio, Titus] Empty Ghost Buddies [Josette, Tenebres, Gabrio, Titus]

Post by Lily on Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:57 pm

Josette was somewhat off-put by the seemingly wealthy foreigner who had made his way into her home and questioned her before calling for a vehicle to take them to a fancy hotel. What exactly was his game? What was someone with his kind of cash doing involved in this situation? Was he a victim of the thief that wanted revenge? Maybe he was a private investigator being paid to track down something stolen from some old rich guy. Or maybe he was some sort of interpol agent. It would explain his strange accent, and odd, professional attitude, as well as the connections he seemed to have. As she waited for the man's vehicle to arrive, she never quite took her eyes off of him, trying to glean anything she could about his thoughts or motives. Meanwhile, she made light conversation with the boy she had rescued. "The name's Josette," she had explained as they waited, "Josette Jolicoeur. And I'm fine, so don't worry much about fixing me up. I hear demons give terrible neck massages. As for your bespectacled friend, I'm not sure what really happened to him," she admitted, thinking back to the guy who had helped her and Tenebres escape with Gabrio in tow. Where had he gone? "Some guy with glasses was trying to protect you when we found you, but he didn't look injured or anything. He helped us escape the place, but apparently he didn't follow us here. Maybe he lives there," Josette shrugged.

In time, the long stretch vehicle Titus had called for arrived, and the group filed in, Josette lifting Tenebres off the ground and carrying the cat inside with her, setting him down on her lap after getting settled in. She had only been in a car a few times in her life, and at least one of those cars belonged to the police, so the cushy accommodations of a luxury vehicle were unfamiliar to her. "God, people drive these things? I could live here," she said, stretching out her body and enjoying the comfy seating and air conditioning, "So much comfier." As she laid back in her seat, a sudden wave of fatigue washed over her, robbing her of the adrenaline that had kept her going all this time. The danger, it seemed, had passed, and her body needed a moment to recover. It took all she had to not fall asleep then and there, but she still didn't fully trust this foreigner, and wasn't about to leave herself vulnerable in his car. Hm. A foreigner. Josette hadn't really thought about it until now, but she couldn't quite place the accents of Gabrio or Titus. They sounded very different from each other, and they both seemed to struggle with the French language in their own ways. It couldn't hurt, she thought, to get to know these men a little bit better, "Hey, you guys aren't from around here, are you? You don't exactly sound... French," she said, "Where are you from, anyway?" The question was thrown out into the air, not directed at anyone in particular, but her gaze then shifted to Gabrio in specific, "And, I mean, no offense but, I don't assume you're staying at The Ritz. What could possibly bring you to Clairmaix?"
Lily
Lily
Admin

https://jojodeliciousred.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Ghost Buddies [Josette, Tenebres, Gabrio, Titus] Empty Re: Ghost Buddies [Josette, Tenebres, Gabrio, Titus]

Post by CM_Renji on Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:44 pm

The young woman who had revealed her name to be Josette spoke of a man with glasses who helped save Gabrio. It wasn’t a certainty, but Gabrio believed that it must have been Avery. “Thank goodness… he almost died right there… thank goodness!” Gabrio tried his best not to get emotional, but couldn’t help getting a bit teary-eyed and snotty. He turned away and wiped away the tears, trying his best to regain his composure.

After an amount of time passed, the stretch limo that Titus had talked about arrived. It was so luxurious. Gabrio wiped some of the dirt and blood off of his body before carefully entering the vehicle. The air was nice and cool, and the seats were soft and plush. The boy was ironically uncomfortable in this ludicrously cozy environment. He sat down with his hands on his legs and stayed relatively quiet. Josette on the contrary looked very comfortable and made herself quite at home in the ride, with Ténèbres on in her lap. She tossed out a question at seemingly the both of Titus and Gabrio, questioning where they had come from. It was pretty obvious, seeing how Gabrio’s french really wasn’t good. Her gaze turned to him as she questioned him further.

“Yes, well, I’m actually from Spain you see. I was born in Seville, and after some rather unpleasant life experiences…” He paused for just a moment. “I decided that it would be best if I traveled the world and offer my services to those who needed it. Me coming to this city is pure coincidence, nothing more than that.”

“And what about you, miss Josette? I assume that you are from around here, given your fluent accent. But I’d like to know more about you.” He turned to Ténèbres and then Titus. “Not only that, but I feel like we should explain exactly what our ghost buddies are able to do, not only to avoid confusion, but to foster trust. As you’ve all seen, mine has the ability to heal physical wounds. But I’ll add that it can also aid and restore the mental states of people, and even affect the spirits of the living and dead. In summary, it’s able to heal people’s body, mind, and soul.”
CM_Renji
CM_Renji

Back to top Go down

Ghost Buddies [Josette, Tenebres, Gabrio, Titus] Empty Re: Ghost Buddies [Josette, Tenebres, Gabrio, Titus]

Post by Doggo on Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:47 pm

Ténèbres complained a bit at Josette picking him up. In meows of course but still he squirmed a bit until she got him into a comfortable position on her lap in the car. The cat was mostly distrustful of cars. The movement felt unnatural while he himself simply sat still. It had been some time since he'd been inside one and never before had the tom seen a vehicle this elaborate. He really wanted to poke fun at it all but remained devoted to the girl's plans to keep him a secret from the newcomer as long as possible. So instead he quipped internally and resisted the urge to chuckle at his own brilliance.

As Josette began speaking Ténèbres took the opportunity to get comfortable and act natural. Rather than simply sit in her lap he took the time to roll over onto his back and stretch out his limbs and neck in all sorts of random positions. He would hold a silly looking position for a bit, then jerk his head up to look at the others as some noise or other was made. His attention was caught by Gabrio however and he returned to a mostly normal position, having tucked his front paws neatly away under his chest as he sat. A young boy from Spain, travelling the world alone. What a coincidence he should end up here in France on today of all days.

Perhaps Gabrio was less immediately innocent than Ténèbres originally thought. For he quickly turned conversation to an explanation of their Stands and the powers they possessed. This could potentially reveal to them what Titus was capable of should things go sour. However the tom thought Josette at the least liable to sell her stand short in this setting in an attempt to not show her full hand. No doubt this man would do the same as he seemed competent enough. But every bit of information was helpful. The cat let a long playful meow as he rolled onto his side and looked at the different people in the car with him. Goodness was he ever going to talk volumes the next chance he could.
Doggo
Doggo

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomiix on Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:29 pm

Titus calmly kept himself facing the crew, and lead them to the street the car was on, being the last to enter to make sure everyone got in fine. The car looked rather luxurious, as most limousines are. However it served a practical purpose and was not just there for it's looks and space. It was an executive vehicle equipped for on the go business meetings, owned by the Speed Wagon Foundation for its many mundane business dealings. It came equipped with a table that could be deployed in the center of where the seating was, as well as a fridge that could keep cool drinks between the drivers compartment and the back. Titus sat down and felt safer, despite the car not providing any real extra protection. His heart rate decreased, and he was able to take in a breath of cool air. The vehicle was likely the safest place to discuss the stands in specific, and so when the self declared spaniard mentioned sharing tactical details about their 'ghost buddies' Titus felt the need to step in after minutes of observation and answer the questions being posed at him.

"I am sorry for not introducing myself earlier. Seeing as you trust me enough to enter the vehicle and speak freely, I should introduce myself." Titus reaches for the fridge, and pulls out a bottle of sparkling water. Removing some chilled glasses and pouring himself a drink. "My name is Titus Foil, and I am a freelance security expert with the Speed Wagon Foundation from Dallas, Texas in America. At least, that is what it says on the books after all." Titus will set his glass down next to him and gesture with the bottle and glasses in hand. "Before I get to explaining as much as I know about your abilities, would anyone else care for a drink?" Despite still being cautious about what he tells the relative strangers, Titus still wanted to be hospitable. They looked like they have been through a tedious ordeal, and may only really be here for the rest. So he might as well provide the incentive to begin talking as soon as possible. The driver of the vehicle drove conservatively and took it's time taking a scenic route, giving Titus time to have a longer conversation and to play this out.
Tomiix
Tomiix

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily on Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:30 pm

"Spain, hm?" Josette repeated, placing a finger to her chin in thought, "you're a long way from home to have wandered here by yourself," she said. She was assuming. She didn't actually have a solid grasp on how far away Spain was, but she was decently certain it was more than a day's walk. "But nonetheless, bonjour! Welcome to France! Etc, etc," she said, dismissively waving her hand in a circular motion, "and the same goes for you, Mister Big Shot," she added, looking over to Titus. "Oh, and Gabrio, there's no need for formalities. You look scarcely younger than I. No mademoiselle or senorita," she said, flexing her extremely limited knowledge of Spanish, secretly hoping she'd impress someone in the vehicle, "just Josette is fine."

Josette was initially taken aback by Gabrio's upfront nature. She shouldn't have been so surprised. The boy radiated a kindness and honesty that could not be mistaken. For just a moment she wondered if his prying into their Stand abilities could have some ulterior motive, but that thought disappeared quickly, as it became obvious that Gabrio was completely sincere. He truly did want to establish trust between everyone here, it seemed. However, Josette was not willing to divulge all her information just yet. Not when the unknown factor of Titus was still in play. Moreover, it did not escape her notice that Titus was unwilling to spill the beans on his end too. "Oh? Not eager to share?" She asked the man, mischief creeping into her voice as she reached for the sparkling water and poured herself a glass. It was no alcohol, but it was better than what Josette had most days, so it would have to do, "I can see why you might not want to say anything. That Phantom could have ears anywhere," she said, suddenly whispering and leaning in towards Titus dramatically, "Why, this cat might be a spy!" She drew back into her seat and threw her head back in one smooth motion, suddenly letting out a peal of laughter.

She shook her head, shaking off the laughter, before looking over to Titus again, "Joking, joking. I'm sure you'll tell us all in due time, hm? As for myself..." she began. How much did she want to tell him? Revealing the full extent of her abilities would be foolish, but selling herself too short would make it obvious she was lying. Half-truths would be, as they always were, the best way to go, it seemed. "My Back In Black has the ability to sort of... store things, I guess," she explained. To demonstrate, she held her glass out to her side, where the black-and-white stand suddenly apparated, sitting next to her. Back In Black swung its cape dramatically over the glass, whereupon it disappeared, "Ta-da!" Josette said dramatically, "Quite the magician, no? Ah, but the best part of the trick isn't making something disappear," she said, now reaching her hand into the void of Back In Black's cape, "It's making it come back." With a flourish, she pulled out the glass once more, then knocked it back and took a big swig.

"He's not very good in a fight, I'll admit, but he's quite handy to keep around. My little guardian angel here has been quite helpful since I met him."
Lily
Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CM_Renji on Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:09 pm

This limousine doohickey was truly some kind of marvel. A table deployed between the group as the man named Titus began refreshing himself. While the man seemed somewhat tense before, he was now much more relaxed. Gabrio could only imagine that the man must have had to deal with those strange foes from before, just as he did. The boy relaxed his shoulders as well, now feeling more comfortable around the group.

The man offered Gabrio a drink. “No need, but thank you.” The man proclaimed that he hailed from America, and was in fact a member of something called the “Speedwagon Foundation.” Unsurprisingly, the boy had never heard of this group before. But the man seemed rather important and trustworthy, so Gabrio didn’t feel a need to doubt him. “I’m not familiar with this Speedwagon Foundation, however, I’m sure you plan to tell us what you can about it.” The man also revealed that he was American. This had Gabrio reminiscing. “I remember one customer I had from an Ohio, America. She was quite loud and boisterous, but kind as well. She even gave me a haircut.”

The boy turned and nodded as Josette spoke to him. “Of course, my apologies, Josette.” Gabrio felt just a bit confused, seeing as he almost entirely speaks formally to his customers. He shrugged it off however, and smiled at her greeting, having felt quite at home in France since his arrival. “Sí, Francia es muy hermosa.”

As the ride continued, Josette had decided to show off her own abilities. The shape that Gabrio had just barely made out before now showed itself in its full glory. A mighty black and white entity with a mask and a long, black cloak appeared. When it swung its cape across her glass, it vanished without a trace. Gabrio looked on, awestruck. Just as flamboyantly, Josette had reached into the cape, as a magician would reach into their magic hat, and pulled the drink out and quickly downed it. The boy scratched his chin, and leaned his head back, forth, left, and right, looking around for mirrors or trap doors. “Oh!” He had briefly forgotten it wasn’t an actual magic show. “Oh, yes, that’s a wonderful ability! It seems quite useful.”
CM_Renji
CM_Renji

Back to top Go down

Post by Doggo on Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:32 pm

The tom continued sitting comfortably in Josette's lap as the conversation continued. Titus seemed every bit as cautious as Ténèbres figured he would be. He didn't divulge any more than he needed to at any moment. Though the cat did find it odd an American company would be so invested in the events of a foreign nation. Never mind France who the feline could recall from the time with his boy America seemed to think didn't like them. Maybe the French humans didn't like the American humans. It wasn't something Ténèbres had looked much into.

Without nothing but his thoughts for the moment the cat might have gone on thinking about foreign relations and what to do about it until Josette began speaking again. She was mocking Titus' caution and proclaimed that he, the cat, could be a spy. The cat snickered momentarily at the brazen display before catching himself and simply letting out a couple pathetic chirps of meows. Thankfully the girl demonstrating her stand's ability helped calm him down again. She had a name for it too. Back in Black she had called it. The name seemed somewhat familiar but Ténèbres couldn't place however much he thought about it.

With Gabrio having explained what his ghost buddy did and Josette's direct example, the cat wondered if now Titus would divulge a bit more both about his own powers and the situation at hand. He'd take in everything he could about the group at large regardless. Turn Off the Lights would remain shrouded in mystery as was the ninja's way. It was fitting. Still, as nice as this all was the cat couldn't help but hope the car ride wouldn't be a long one. The various bumps and the breaking and accelerating all troubled him and he just wanted to be moving about on his own again.
Doggo
Doggo

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomiix on Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:59 am

Titus remained silent as he looked into Josette's eyes while he passed her the bottle. While the lad called Gabrio seemed very willing and eager to share, he could tell Josette was also being unforthcoming. He was aware that not all stands are necessarily full of uses or even beneficial to their user. However he was unsure what gave her the right to be so cocky if all the thing could do was facilitate a parlor trick. Furthermore that she would accuse his niceties of him not being forthcoming in the first place. This put him off from liking her from the start. However, Titus didn't necessarily need to like everyone he ran into, nor have them like him. As long as he was able to get his information that he needed. So gave sincere thought to how he would answer, and describe his stand. Suddenly, an invasive thought bothered him.

Why is she so obsessed with this cat? She seemed to like to bring attention to it, and just now made a joke about the cat being a potential spy. He hadn't thought much of it at first, figuring that it was just her pet. But recollecting to his pool of knowledge... the cat isn't a non factor. To his knowledge there have been animal stand users in the past, who have been more intelligent and deadly than some human stand users. Titus figures as he thinks about how to demonstrate to include the cat. Afterall, it shouldn't be able to react if it isn't a stand user. Doesn't hurt to check.

"Well then, my stand is relatively straight forward. You see here..." Titus manifests Muse, and has it float to one side of the small compartment. "I call it 'The Squire Muse', and like a proper squire he fetches me whatever I require. Sort of similar to your stand, Josette but different." With that, Titus quickly snaps his finger and makes his request.

"Dagger!"

Following this command, a copy of muse appears by the closest dagger, and retrieves it carefully. The copy with Titus, near flawlessly pulls a dagger out of it's bag and presents it to Titus. In squire's hand, the dagger becomes ethereal like the stand itself. Making it only visible to stand users. This is part of the joint ability of Knight and Squire, to add man-made weapons to their combat ability. This particular quirk of his stand was important for Titus's next act. "As you can see, it is quite useful for grabbing things in a pi-" Titus is cut off immediately by his next plan, a surprise attack. Knight quickly, and out of nowhere manifests his upper half from behind squire, seizing the blade and launching itself forward towards the cat, in a fake out maneuver to make him react. Helpfully, Knight of Cydonia contributed to the fake out by exclaiming "Deception is not honorable!" If the cat reacted, then it could at the very least see other stands. If it didn't, Titus would be hard pressed to explain the action, but likely would during his explanation in how stands work. No matter in either case, he needed to know how much was being withheld from him, and so this course of action was necessary. Knight of Cydonia would stop short, making it clear to be a threat and not a swing that would be finished. Keeping the blade uncomfortably pointed at the feline. Immediately after Knight takes his action, Titus acts apologetic. "Quite sorry, the second part of my stand, Knight of Cydonia is quite valiant and eager to rout out those that try to deceive me."
Tomiix
Tomiix

Back to top Go down

Post by Doggo on Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:53 pm

Titus began like he was actually going to share information with the group as Muse materialized. Ténèbres however continued looking about the car casually at different non-stand induced noises and what not. Something didn't seem right as the man began explaining the abilities. Requesting a weapon at the current time especially wasn't very reassuring.

"Is he onto me?" the cat thought. Impossible. Ténèbres was great at pretending to be a normal cat. And he was adorable to boot. But still, to be safe the tom intentionally diverted his gaze from Muse, not wanting to give off that he was following its actions. He tried to keep it in his peripheral vision but even that could give him away if he wasn't careful. "Josette's got him on edge. He must be suspicious at the least. Just stay calm Ténèbres. The girl's a quick thinker. All I have to do is ignore whatever he does." the cat continued thinking to ease his nerves. Titus was still in the middle of talking when he abruptly cut himself off as another stand appeared from behind Muse. Without so much as a thought Ténèbres jumped to his feet as the intruder approached.

"Damn, he'll know... what do I do..." his panicked thought process went as the world seemed to slow down. But then a stroke of brilliance. He kept his view toward the nearest window of the car and bolted from Josette's lap to stand his front legs up against the door to look outside. Whether the man intended to simply psyche him out or actually attack, he'd have to depend on Josette to intervene. Ténèbres continued standing and staring out the window, letting out a long complaining meow as if he wanted to go outside to get whatever had caught his eye. Nothing had happened yet. Maybe it was safe. In an effort to do his best to turn back to Josette without looking at the blade still pointed at him he let out another meow while pawing at her arm as if repeating the complaint.

"Will he buy that? He was so focused on me he can't say I didn't see anything. Even just a bird flying by would be enough anyway. But it was too in line with his move. I can't believe I let him surprise me." he thought as he attempted to maintain the charade. The tom could feel his paw pads getting sweaty from the surprise and stress as the moments dragged on.
Doggo
Doggo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily on Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:51 pm

Josette put her free hand to her mouth and chuckled lightly, "Truly it's nothing special," she assured Gabrio, "But it does put me a cut above the normal folk, I would say." As she reclined in her seat, she casually scratched Ténèbres' head, as he fidgeted and meowed in her lap. The stray cat was probably more comfortable outdoors, or at least in a place he could move around, so Josette wasn't surprised he might have been bothered by the car ride. As much as she herself enjoyed the brief, luxurious reprieve from living on the street, she could understand his feelings all too well.

Josette looked up from her feline friend, her thoughts broken as Titus began his explanation of his Stand. A Stand that could fetch anything he wanted? 'Dieu, what I wouldn't give for a power like that,' Josette thought. It was true that their powers were somewhat similar, but the ability to obtain anything you wanted at any time - even if the limits of the power weren't quite so grand - would be incredibly useful. Never again would she have to worry about eating. Stealing money and jewelry, having food whenever you need it, everything would be so much easier. Certainly, Back In Black helped with these endeavors, but a power like the one Muse held was enviable indeed. It was truly being wasted on a (presumably) law-abiding citizen like the man before her. The man produced a dagger with his stand, though he did not grab it itself, leaving it in the hands of the knight. That was odd. Josette recalled another, much more boisterous knight at this man's command. More importantly, the sudden appearance of a weapon set her on edge. She was in a confined space, with a potentially dangerous man, who now held a weapon - or at least, his stand did. Meanwhile, another ally of his still potentially lurked in the shadows. Seeing the dagger, Josette involuntarily swallowed, the only outward tell she would give of her nerves - forcing her face to show mere interest, not concern.

A moment later, before Josette could even think to ask questions, her concerns were justified, as an armored arm appeared from behind Muse, grabbing the dagger, and lunging in a sudden surprise attack towards Ténèbres. Ténèbres couldn't help himself, and instinctively leapt to his feet, but Josette's instincts kicked in as well. While she hadn't been entirely prepared for such a sudden attack, she was on edge, and had had to make plenty of split-second reactions before. Her mind raced as time seemed to slow down around her, and her instincts screamed at her about the enemy before her. In a flash, Back In Black made its move - though reacting to a sudden movement, and therefore at a disadvantage, it was faster than Titus's Knight of Cyndonia. "NOIR!" With a shout, the caped figure delivered a swift kick, aimed at Knight's arm. In her haste, the blow was poorly aimed, slamming instead into the side of the dagger, diverting its course, but leaving Back In Black to suffer the effects. In an instant, a tear appeared in Josette's jeans, and a spurt of blood shot from the newly formed wound on her ankle, eliciting a grunt of pain.

Ténèbres, for his part, was playing off his reaction relatively well. He must have already put Titus's plan together in his head, the clever tom. Josette was impressed. He was doing a great job of pretending to be a normal cat, pawing at the window like he was looking at something, and wanted to be let out. Whether or not Titus would buy the act, when he was already obviously suspicious, was a whole other story, but it was a good attempt if nothing else. More importantly to Josette was dealing with the aftermath of what had just happened. Back In Black drifted out from between Titus and Josette, allowing her to look at him with furious eyes, "Are you mad? Is felling felines not a felony in America?!" she demanded. The anger in her voice came from two places. For one, she couldn't be entirely certain that this man was not actually an enemy, in which case, the anger would be justified. On the other, if his attack was a fakeout, as it now seemed, the anger served as an act - a way to prevent Titus from knowing she knew, and to add credence to the claim that Ténèbres was just a normal cat. At this point, Titus explained the second part of his stand, the part Josette had seen earlier, confirming her suspicions, and seemed to imply that his attack was indeed just a fakeout, a method of testing the voracity of their claims.

Josette couldn't be sure how much he had already figured out from his experiment, so she would have to proceed with caution. "Quite a risky play, Mr. American," Josette snapped, "What if you miscalculated, or the cat moved in a way you didn't expect, and you ended up running the poor thing through for no reason?" She sighed agitatedly, then turned to Ténèbres as he pawed at her arm. Keeping up the act, Josette switched back into the baby talk she'd used on him earlier, "Ohh, I know buddy. You wanna go outside right? I'm sorry, I promise we'll be outside soon, okay?" she said, as she pet the totally normal cat reassuringly. This momentary distraction, she thought, would be her chance to change the subject. If she could get the conversation moving, the subject may shift off of Ténèbres long enough for him to avoid further suspicion. "By the way," she started, "What was that you called your... thing? 'Stand'? I think the man back at the courthouse said the same thing." Though it was just an attempt to shift the topic, she was genuinely curious, "Is that what these things are called? How much do you know about them?"
Lily
Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CM_Renji on Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:39 pm

Gabrio looked over at Titus, who seemed to have something on his mind. It was understandable to not fully trust complete strangers. Gabrio was also aware that the other two were withholding information from Titus. He was a bit uneasy about this, but figured that they had their reasons.

All of a sudden, Titus manifested a spirit noticeably smaller and sleeker than the one from under the bridge. Gabrio thought to himself. “What? This thing looks completely different from the ghost buddy that he summoned earlier? And what did he call it? A Stand, I believe?” With a snap of his fingers and a verbal command, the being was able to acquire a dagger. “Does he have an accomplice with another stand? Or maybe he has two? Is that even possible?” Questions ran through Gabrio’s head regarding Titus’ abilities. Then…

“Whaaaaat?!” Gabrio cried.

The large so-called Stand from earlier appeared from behind Muse and rushed towards Ténèbres with a surprise attack. “Quick, Judas Priest!” Gabrio shouted as he summoned his own stand. He looked over to see that Josette had managed to deflect the blade with her Back in Black, getting mildly injured in the process. The powerful knight stand seemed to be holding back somewhat, stopping before even being deflected. Was he trying to get a reaction out of Ténèbres? The cat himself had jumped up in response, but actually played it off and turned to the window to appear as if looking outside. What a smart kitty indeed. Regardless of everything, Gabrio was aggravated with this display that Titus had shown. "Piña loco..." Gabrio muttered to himself.

“That was pretty reckless, mister. But if you’re willing to go so far over just suspicion, I can tell you’ve got some determination.” Gabrio was visibly sweating, but managed to hide his nerves with a calm facade. He let out a light sigh as he knelt down in front of Josette. “Here, let me see that.” Gabrio knelt down to fix Josette’s wound, but also to give a subtle signal. The boy was unsure about how safe it would be to continue holding back information with someone as headstrong as this Titus fellow. With his head turned to Josette and away from Titus, he veered his eyes back and forth, pointing over to Ténèbres. He was hoping that the two would just spill the beans, but he didn’t want to ruin their little show himself.

“Holy Fire.”

Judas Priest reached past Gabrio and lit one of its devilish fingers ablaze in ghostly purple flames. It touched and seared the wound on Josette’s ankle quickly and without pain. Gabrio then picked himself up and sat back in his seat, however, he was now scooted further away from Titus, ready to listen to whatever he had to say.
CM_Renji
CM_Renji

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomiix on Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:36 am

It jumped. The bastard jumped and was now trying to play it off! Titus stared at the cat menacingly for multiple long moments as it stared off into the window. Knight of Cydonia was precise as always, but it could not account for the speed of Josette's stand at body blocking the cat. Titus' face wrinkled up, and he called back his Knight, both materialising out of exsistence, but out of sight did not make them unready for whatever he would need them for. "My apologies for injuring you, I only wished to make a cut in a deception, not your body." Titus had hopefully made it clear that the cat was on notice, and that it would be treated as an element just like the others.

"I refer to your and I's 'ghost buddies' as stands. Called so simply because they stand besides you. This is what many circles have called them for a long while now, so you may want to get used to hearing the term."

Titus would continue his explanation as he shuffled through his coat.

"At first stands only occurred naturally in those who had strong spirits. They were so rare that no two stand users knew each other. However this changed after the manufacturing of these." With that statement, Titus removed what he was after, the stand arrow. "An arrow fashioned with a tip made of meteorite. It is believed that this meteorite carries a virus, that when impaled, awakens stands in those with strong enough spirits. Those that survive the blow but who do not have strong spiritual energy suffer until they cannot bear the weight anymore."

Titus will carefully wrap the arrow in cloth, and place it in the briefcase he kept in the car. "The question that likely follows in your mind is how does some American working for an oil company know all of this? While yes the Speedwagon Foundation finds most of it's profits in natural resources, it finds most of it's expenditures in ressearch in the supernatural. It's founder had a long interest in the supernatural, following events that would forever change the destiny of those close to him. His foundation supported them with the resources and research to help defeat the first of many stand users who would use these arrows for personal gain. This phantom thief is as unoriginal as he is crazy."

Titus looks around the small room as he gives his greatly brief explanation. Titus would place the briefcase at his feet, and finish with an offer. "I would be happy to answer your questions about your abilities or how they work in a general sense, typically the ability of each stand is incredibly unique to the person or animal who possesses it, as you may of noticed. However I can answer on how stands work in a general sense, and on the traits they share."
Tomiix
Tomiix

Back to top Go down

Post by Doggo on Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:32 pm

Josette and Gabrio had both moved fairly quickly in response to Titus' attack. The former had injured herself in the process of keeping Knight off of Ténèbres and the latter had used his stand to heal her for it. The two both tried to talk the American down but the tom could tell from the look he was getting that the man was onto him. He couldn't know just how aware Ténèbres was or that he had a stand but it was at least clear the feline could see them.

Still there was little he could do about most of it. Until Titus had prove completely trustworthy he didn't feel it right to speak to him or reveal his abilities. It didn't help Ténèbres naturally distrusted adults. Josette was pushing it as it was being eighteen. And now she was pushing it even more with the baby talk responses to his meows. Aggravating though it was the tom meowed more in reply, each getting softer as if he was slowly relenting his desire to his owner. But he would not give up this fictional desire to get out so readily. Instead he would pace across the seat, occasionally walking over the girl's lap, and look out either window for a moment before turning back to her and chirping again.

Titus had actually begun sharing details meanwhile which the cat did his best to log mentally in the middle of his act. The ghost buddies were called Stands by Americans for some reason. Turn Off the Lights could stand really far away from his master but the name made enough sense Ténèbres figured. Speaking of the arrow that could unnaturally force them into being brought up painful memories but also made several things click for the feline. The arrow had caused Turn Off the Lights to come into existence and had increased his intellect to comparably human levels. And apparently he wasn't the first animal to have one the way the man spoke. The cat subconsciously rubbed at his chest for a moment, the scar of one such arrow's impact still there, hardly aged like it had only just healed but obscured by the fur that had since grown around it. He was figuring out what exactly had happened after the arrow had knocked him out and it only helped to anger him.

"He's just killing people mindlessly looking for unique Stands? I'll skewer the man's eyes out yet." Ténèbres thought as he kept his simmering masked.
Doggo
Doggo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily on Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:29 pm

Josette eyed Titus intensely, trying to discern just how much information his gambit had gathered him. From the look on his face, he was still suspicious. Her and the cat's act had done little to throw him off the scent, it seemed. Still, Titus seemed satisfied with the decision he had come to on his own. If he had already decided that Ténèbres was a stand user, or at least not a normal cat, it served her no purpose to admit that to him. If he already knew, telling him was pointless, and if he didn't, telling him would be folly. So, Josette deigned to divulge no information, until the tom decided it wise to do so himself. Still, she didn't want to take her eyes off of him. She wasn't expecting another surprise attack, false or not, but she was on edge, and had to be keenly aware of any sudden movements. Her attention was taken away only by Gabrio and Judas Priest appearing to heal her light wound. Suddenly shaken from her concentration, she used this opportunity to change her expression, looking down to Gabrio and forcing a smile, "Ah, merci," she thanked the boy, then added with surprise, "honestly, that didn't hurt as much as I thought it would. Perhaps I should let demons give me massages more often." She let a light chuckle escape her lips, one of many small nudges to diffuse the tension in the room. Then, she shook her head, eyes closed, a small smile on her face. To an observer, she hoped it looked casual, just shaking off the conversation, the laughter. But, she also hoped that Gabrio would understand that the gesture was directed towards him. No, they couldn't spill the beans about Ténèbres just yet. At least, she couldn't. She hated giving up secrets.

After imparting her subtle (she hoped) message, Josette opened her eyes once more and leaned in towards Titus, as he explained the mysterious allies the four of them had, and their origins. Stands. That's what a lot of people called them, apparently. Not just Titus, and presumably whoever taught him about them, but the Fantome also called them by the same name. It stood to reason the name was pretty common, if two people from entirely different countries used the same word for them, an English word nonetheless, despite the Fantome presumably being French. She mulled over the word for a while. "That's a dumb reason," she finally said, "Back In Black usually floats off the ground, so he's never really 'standing' next to me, you know? But I guess the name sounds pretty cool anyway. Rolls off the tongue better than ghost buddies, anyhow," she said, then glanced to Gabrio, "No offense."

Her joking attitude was cut off immediately by the sight of the arrow that Titus produced. Her breath caught in her throat, and ice ran through her veins. That arrow, the unmistakable, ornate golden tip. Josette's poker face could not hide the recognition flashing across her face. She swallowed involuntarily. There was no doubt in her mind. It seemed that her worst fears were being confirmed. Her assessment earlier today was proving to be correct. Unintentionally mirroring the cat beside her, Josette's hand instinctively reached for her chest. She felt the hard, rapid thumping of her heart within, reminding her that she was still alive. The scar on her chest had healed, since that night three years ago. But there was rarely a day that went by she didn't think about it. And now, it all made sense. That was why Back In Black suddenly appeared that day. 'What a damn fool I was, she thought bitterly, 'A guardian angel. As if. He's gone. He always has been.'

As she recalled that night, now with today's events in mind, she felt something she rarely felt since obtaining her Stand. Not rage. Not a lust for vengeance. No, she felt something completely different to the cat by her side. Fear. The sight of that arrow, the knowledge that that man was at the source of the day's attack, that he knew who she was, that he was targeting her, it chilled her to the bone. She did her best to hide the terror on her face, but her eyes said it all. Many of Titus' words were lost on her now. She was lost inside her head. Without thinking, she reached into her pocket, to grasp the pocket-watch she kept there. She wanted to hold it, to once more see the picture inside, to feel that familiar comfort. But her fingers met something unexpected. Something wet, and nonmetallic. Slowly, perplexedly, she gripped the foreign object and removed it from her pocket.

A sudden scream escaped Josette's lips, shattering the silence left after Titus finished his explanation. In her shock, she had dropped the object, and was now staring down at it. On the floor of Titus' limo now sat the brown, rotten remains of a mostly eaten apple. 'What the FUCK?' Josette's mind raced, 'How the fuck did I not notice that before? When did that get there? Where did my watch go?!' Her breathing was heavy as the shock took over her body, 'It must have been that thief. There's no other explanation! Did one of those clones nab it when we were fighting? Or did it happen somehow else? Why would a legendary thief care about a random pocket-watch?' Her eyes quickly darted between the other Stand users in the car with her, as if looking to them for some sort of explanation. Finally, her eyes settled on Titus, "What about that[i]?!" she demanded, gesturing emphatically to the apple core, "Can you explain how a fucking [i]apple got into my pocket without me noticing?!"
Lily
Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CM_Renji on Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:18 pm

Gabrio understood that neither Josette nor Ténèbres wanted to divulge any extra information at the moment. He kept a slightly bored expression on his face, trying not to look suspicious. He continued to watch as Titus reached into his coat to find something. The boy’s face turned ever so pale as he pulled out an ornate golden arrow. With that sight, Gabrio shrunk back into his seat.

“Th-that looks just like what pierced through Avery! He got struck right in the chest with an arrow like that!” He turned his head to Josette to see her with a look of pure disbelief on her face. She clearly had seen this arrow before. “That thing gives people stands?” He looked down to see that both her and Ténèbres were sort of reaching to their chest. This made him think back to Avery, who had also been shot in the same place. He began to think. “I take it they both got shot just as he did. Is the heart just the best place to strike with the arrow? Does this mean that Avery got an ability as well?” Gabrio was very curious, but he didn’t want to bring up any questions, at least not at the moment.

The boy shot up as Josette screamed, seeing her toss something from her pocket. “What’s wrong?! Huh? An apple core…?” After just a moment it hit him. “The Phantom!” His face was very clearly showing his concern and fear. He looked out the window with his eyes darting across the streets. “Could we be under attack?” He looked back at Josette who was very clearly in shock at this. He gripped his hand tightly as he closed his eyes. Gabrio’s stand aura began to manifest as he thought. “We should try to think clearly right now. Let me help with your distress, even if just a little.”

“Consecration.” He whispered.

An invisible and intangible wave shot around the car originating from Gabrio’s body. In an instant, everyone other being in the vehicle could subconsciously feel a slight sense of calmness in their very soul. It wasn’t a dramatic effect, rather a simple nudge to try and calm everyone down just a little, the driver included. He opened his eyes and looked over to Titus, wanting to see if he had any insight on the current situation. "Do you maybe know what his power is, Titus?"
CM_Renji
CM_Renji

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomiix on Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:41 pm

Titus studied the interactions between the cat and the companions around it, and while he could tell Josette seemed... off, could not very much discern any secret communication. The criticism of the name isn't the first time he had heard it when explaining the situation. There are a good number of stands he was taught about that didn't historically stand. Hell there was once a stand that was just a massive boat. Would it of been called a float? Sail? Regardless, semantics wasn't something Titus was a fan of. It was the commonly used vernacular and much more bearable than 'ghost buddy'.

Titus's face becomes grim after he notices the effect the arrow had caused on his new charges. It was very likely that some if not all of them were victims of the attack. The young spaniard mentioned an attack that sounded recent, and Titus would inquire about the events outside of the museum if he wasn't immediately interrupted. The girl would produce a rotten apple core, and chuck it on the ground. Josette and Gabrio seemed to be freaking out, that is before Gabrio's stand emanated a calming aura. Titus's first instinct would likely be to secure the car and become defensive. However his mind opened up, and he looked upon the core. Titus began to think out loud.

"An eaten apple is the calling card of the phantom thief, Soren. He leaves apples at the scene of crimes in place of things he had stolen. Although you didn't outright say it, I suppose it is safe to assume you are missing something madame?" Titus frowned, and reached for his pendent, holding it close again. "While fighting what was supposed to be Soren, an item on my person and of another stand user who happened to be in the courthouse was glowing. The clones seemed very interested in stealing them, and so I found it a priority to protect them." Titus shakes his head, and tries to put the puzzle together in his head. Taking hints from the crime scenes, and common threads. "I wouldn't blame someone for thinking that what we fought at the courthouse was Soren's stand. However that would be entirely incorrect. Very likely that was an accomplice, and the Soren we saw there was simply a replacement of the captured Soren. He has a supernatural way of being able to enter and leave places of interest without a trace. This could mean anything, as stands have been proven to have awe inspiring powers of great and variety of strength. He could have a stand that could just take anything, similar to Muse. If Muse was able to take anything I wanted, unrestricted it would probably be as undetected as Soren is to the mundane. So looking towards those scenes would be mental gymnastics that would lead us to deducing that his stand could be anything. If Soren is interested in our trinkets, that might provide a hint as to what an aspect of his stand does. Did anything of yours glow in the fight Gabrio? Josette, what did he take from you? A common connection in what he is trying to get from us could provide a hint."
Tomiix
Tomiix

Back to top Go down

Post by Doggo on Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:09 am

As conversation continued around him, Ténèbres continued stewing about his desired vengeance on the Phantom Thief. The man's own reckless use of the arrow was the cause. Firing such a thing indiscriminately was bound to kill some and leave others to seek to avenge them. Turn Off the Lights' appearance seemed to make more sense now as his boy standing by him still to help him. But it wouldn't be long before these thoughts were interrupted. Josette had begun screaming as she withdrew an apple core from her pocket.

The cat turned back to face her, his own anger and nerves over being detected falling to the back of his mind as he attempted to console the girl though without words. Gabrio's actions helped as the cat felt a sudden sense of calm hanging over his thoughts. Ténèbres was having an easier time thinking of what to do now as he listened to Titus' comments on the situation. The words reminded him that the coin about his collar had been glowing in the courthouse though it had since stopped. If she had had something glowing as well then maybe it meant a lot to her. The tom shuddered at the thought of his coin having been taken in that chaos. Having been close by or even riding atop her shoulders for most of the time at the courthouse, the cat wondered how someone could have pick pocketed her without him noticing.

Still, for now all he could do was meow pathetically at her and rub his face at her side like a pet trying lift their human friend's spirits. Given the hysterics at the revelation he doubted talking would be all that helpful anyway. But if collectively they could calm her down maybe they would learn something.
Doggo
Doggo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum